Committee on Satellite Meteorology, Oceanography, and Climatology
AWelcome to the webpage for the Satellite Meteorology, Oceanography, and Climatology Committee of the American Meteorological Society (AMS).
Our goals are to:
- Promote and support involvement and engagement by AMS members in national and international satellite meteorology, oceanography, and climatology meetings, events, and activities, such as the:
- Joint 2013 EUMETSATE-19th AMS Conference
- SatMOC Joint Session at the 2014 AMS Annual Meeting
- 20th AMS SatMet Meeting at the 2015 AMS Annual MEeting
- 2nd Joint Asia/AMS-21st AMS Satellite Meteorology Conference as part of the 6th Asia-Oceania Satellite Meteorolgoy Users' Conference
- Support awareness of satellite meteorology, oceanography, and climatology issues and activities through the AMS committee web portal
- Promote excellence in satellite meteorology, oceanography, and climatology by supporting awards to recognize extraordinary people
- Advocate for science-based decisions related to or involving satellite meteorology, oceanography, and climatology systems, techniques, products, and tools
The AMS Committee on Satellite Meteorology, Oceanography and Climatology and the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) held a very successful joint 2013 EUMETSAT Satellite Conference/19th Conference on Satellite Meteorology and Oceanography held at the historic Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria, September 16-20, 2013. This conference hosted over 500 delegates from 45 countries (135 participants from the USA), 352 oral presentations, 230 posters, 4 workshops, 3 social events and a plenary featuring the President of the European Meteorological Society and American Meteorological Society. At the conference banquet our AMS Committee on Satellite Meteorology, Oceanography and Climatology was proud to recognize 35+ years of exemplary service by Dr. Johannes Schmetz, EUMETSAT's Chief Scientist.
Attendees of the Joint September 2013 EUMETSAT-19th AMS Satellite Meteorology Conference held in Vienna, Austria
Go to http://www2.ametsoc.org/stac/index.cfm/committees/committee-on-satellite-meteorology-oceanography-and-climatology/news-and-announcements/ams-satellite-meteorology-oceanography-and-climatology-committee-award/ for more details. More information about the Joint 2013 EUMETSAT-AMS Meteorological Satellite Conference in Vienna can be found here.
We welcome comments and suggestions to enhance the value and impact of this webpage.