Committee on Mesoscale Processes
Welcome to the webpage of the AMS Committee on Mesoscale Processes. The primary activity of this committee is to organize the Conference on Mesoscale Processes, which takes place in odd years.
The call for papers for the 16th Conference on Mesoscale Processes has been posted (www.ametsoc.org/MEET/ann/callforpapers.html). The meeting will take place 3–6 August 2015 at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, Boston, MA.
Topics covered at the meeting include:
- Organized moist convection
- Gravity waves and turbulence
- Orographic flows and rainfall
- Tropical and extratropical cyclones
- Aerosol effects
- Data assimilation and predictability
- Theoretical and idealized modeling