Committee on Mesoscale Processes
Planning for the 2015 meeting is underway, so please stay tuned.
Welcome to the webpage of the AMS Committee on Mesoscale Processes. The primary activity of this committee is to organize the Conference on Mesoscale Processes, which takes place in odd years.
Topics typically covered at the meeting include:
- Organized moist convection
- Gravity waves and turbulence
- Orographic flows and rainfall
- Tropical and extratropical cyclones
- Aerosol effects
- Data assimilation and predictability
- Theoretical and idealized modeling