Reports and Studies
The following reports and studies are geared towards members of the government, academic, and private sectors involved with the water, weather and climate enterprise.
- December 3, 2014
- CWWCE Report to Council December 2014
- August 21, 2014
- CWWCE Report to Council September 2014
- August 6, 2014
- 2014 AMS Washington Forum Meeting Summary
- April 4, 2014
- 2014 AMS Washington Forum Program and Handouts
The 2014 AMS Washington Forum highlights the Enterprise’s considerable advances in shared research, technology development, observations, data sources, social science research and improved end-user access of shared resources and their benefit to society
- February 6, 2014
- Presentations from the Second Annual Symposium on the Weather and Climate Enterprise
- August 15, 2013
- AMS Summer Community Meeting 2013
160 people gathered at NCAR’s Center Green as a part of the AMS’s Summer Community Meeting to discuss issues of critical importance to the nation, the economy and jobs. The community discussed emerging issues that are of critical interest to the public, private and academic sectors involved in weather, water and climate. Key issues discussed included the emerging areas of renewable energy, water resources, sea level rise and managing weather and climate information.
- July 26, 2013
- FIG Summary of Recommendations
Over a one year period ending in June, 2013, over one hundred forty members of the public, private, and academic weather communities came together to discuss priorities for significantly improving forecasting capabilities.
- May 2, 2013
- AMS Washington Forum 2013 - Final Report
Just what is the economic value of the observations, data, and services provided by the Weather-?Water-?Climate-?Enterprise (WWC) to the United States? This question was the focus of the first session of this year’s AMS Washington Forum, where leaders of the enterprise met with senior federal agency officials, congressional staff, and senior leaders from other related communities April 2–4 in Washington, D.C.
- April 15, 2013
- State of the Weather and Climate Enterprise in 2012
At the 2012 Summer Community Meeting held by the Commission at the National Weather Center at The University of Oklahoma, two days were devoted to examining the State of the Weather and Climate Enterprise. Representatives from each sector presented assessments of their sectors. Considerable interactive discussions helped clarify issues. The recommendations presented in this report gleaned from the presentations and presented to the participants during the summary session.
- October 5, 2012
- U.S. Weather Commission Media Coverage
An expert panel called on Congress yesterday to create the first U.S. Weather Commission to help guide policymakers to leverage weather expertise across government and the private sector. The goal is to better protect lives and businesses during weather events that could conceivably cost billions of dollars.
- August 15, 2012
- State of the National Weather Service in 2012
For more than 140 years, the National Weather Service (NWS) – a line office of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) – has provided weather, water, and climate information to protect lives and livelihoods. The intent of this report is to provide a factual analysis of the current state of NWS.
- December 20, 2011
- CWCE Report to the AMS Council January 2012
- September 15, 2011
- CWCE Report to the AMS Council September 2011
- January 22, 2011
- CWCE Report to the AMS Council January 2011
- June 15, 2010
- CWCE Report to the AMS Council June 2010
- September 15, 2009
- CWCE Report to the AMS Council September 2009
- July 1, 2009
- CWCE Report to the AMS Council July 2009