Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences
(ISSN 0022-4928), Vol. 69, 2012
Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences (JAS) publishes basic research related to the physics, dynamics, and chemistry of the atmosphere of Earth and other planets, with emphasis on the quantitative and deductive aspects of the subject.
- Articles - Full-length, up to 7500 words or 26 double-spaced pages of text (not including references, figure and table lists, and figures).
- Expedited Contributions - Shorter articles with an expedited peer-review and publication cycle, limited to 2,500 words or 9 double-spaced pages of text (not including references, figure and table lists, and figures) and no more than 6 figures and tables. Expedited contributions undergo one round of reviews within 2 weeks of receipt by the Editorial office, and authors will have a deadline of 4 weeks to complete revisions. Expedited Contributions should be published 10 to 12 weeks after final acceptance. If the manuscript grows beyond the length or figure criteria specified above during the review and revision, or if it requires a second round of reviews, the contribution will move out of the expedited contributions category and will be considered as a regular article.
- Comment and Reply Exchanges - Comments are written in response to a published article. The author of the article being commented upon always has the opportunity to write a reply. These exchanges are published together.
Early Online Releases
- May 20, 2013
- Jet Interaction and the Influence of a Minimum Phase Speed Bound on the Propagation of Eddies
- May 15, 2013
- Formation and maintenance of nocturnal low-level stratus over the southern West African monsoon region during AMMA 2006
- May 13, 2013
- Directional Wind-Wave Coupling in Fully Coupled Atmosphere-Wave-Ocean Models: Results from CBLAST-Hurricane