Journal of Climate
(ISSN 0894-8755), Vol. 25, 2012
Journal of Climate (JCLI) publishes climate research and, therefore, welcomes manuscripts concerned with large-scale variability of the atmosphere, oceans, and land surface, includingthe cryosphere; past, present, and projected future changes in the climate system (including those caused by human activities); and climate simulation and prediction. Occasionally JCLI will publish review articles on particularly topical areas. Such reviews must be approved by the chief editor prior to submission.
- Articles - Full-length, up to 7500 words or 26 double-spaced pages of text (not including references, figure and table lists, and figures).
- Expedited Contributions - Shorter articles with an expedited peer-review and publication cycle, limited to 2,500 words or 9 double-spaced pages of text (not including references, figure and table lists, and figures) and no more than 6 figures and tables. Expedited contributions undergo one round of reviews within 2 weeks of receipt by the Editorial office, and authors will have a deadline of 4 weeks to complete revisions. Expedited Contributions should be published 10 to 12 weeks after final acceptance. If the manuscript grows beyond the length or figure criteria specified above during the review and revision, or if it requires a second round of reviews, the contribution will move out of the expedited contributions category and will be considered as a regular article.
- Comment and Reply Exchanges - Comments are written in response to a published article. The author of the article being commented upon always has the opportunity to write a reply. These exchanges are published together.
Early Online Releases
- May 23, 2013
- A climatology of the structure, evolution and propagation of midlatitude cyclones in the Southeast United States
- May 23, 2013
- The different impact of positive-neutral and negative-neutral ENSO regimes on Australian tropical cyclones