Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology
(ISSN 0739-0572), Vol. 29, 2012
Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology (JTECH) publishes research describing instrumentation and methodologies used in atmospheric and oceanic research, including remote sensing instruments, measurements, validation, and data analysis techniques from satellites, aircraft, balloons, and surface-based platforms; in situ instruments, measurements, and methods for data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation; data assimilation for numerical models; and information systems and algorithms.
- Articles - Full-length, up to 7500 words or 26 double-spaced pages of text (not including references, figure and table lists, and figures).
- Expedited Contributions - Shorter articles with an expedited peer-review and publication cycle, limited to 2,500 words or 9 double-spaced pages of text (not including references, figure and table lists, and figures) and no more than 6 figures and tables. Expedited contributions undergo one round of reviews within 2 weeks of receipt by the Editorial office, and authors will have a deadline of 4 weeks to complete revisions. Expedited Contributions should be published 10 to 12 weeks after final acceptance. If the manuscript grows beyond the length or figure criteria specified above during the review and revision, or if it requires a second round of reviews, the contribution will move out of the expedited contributions category and will be considered as a regular article.
- Comment and Reply Exchanges - Comments are written in response to a published article. The author of the article being commented upon always has the opportunity to write a reply. These exchanges are published together.
Early Online Releases
- May 13, 2013
- A Free-Floating PIV System: Measurements of Small-Scale Turbulence under the Wind Wave Surface
- May 13, 2013
- Solutions for Improving the Radar Refractivity Measurement by Taking Operational Constraints into Account