Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology
(ISSN 0739-0572), Vol. 31, 2014
Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology (JTECH) publishes research describing instrumentation and methodologies used in atmospheric and oceanic research, including remote sensing instruments, measurements, validation, and data analysis techniques from satellites, aircraft, balloons, and surface-based platforms; in situ instruments, measurements, and methods for data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation; data assimilation for numerical models; and information systems and algorithms.
- Articles - Full-length, up to 7500 words or 26 double-spaced pages of text (not including abstract, references, figure and table lists, and figures).
- Expedited Contributions - Shorter articles with an expedited peer-review and publication cycle, limited to 2,500 words (approximately 9 double-spaced text pages), not including abstract, references, figure and table lists, and figures, and no more than a combined total of 6 figures and tables. Multi part papers are not allowed. For Expedited Contributions the Editor will expedite the review process and the AMS publication department will accelerate manuscript preparation for publication in final form. Authors will have a deadline of 4 weeks to complete revisions. Expedited Contributions should be published 10 to 12 weeks after final acceptance. If the manuscript grows beyond the maximum length or figure criteria specified above during the review and revision, the Editor will decide if the paper remains an Expedited Contribution or becomes a regular article. If, however, the paper requires a second round of reviews the contribution must move out of the expedited contributions category and will be considered as a regular article.
- Comment and Reply Exchanges - Comments are written in response to a published article. The author of the article being commented upon always has the opportunity to write a reply. These exchanges are published together. Generally, comments should be submitted within two (2) years of the publication date of the original paper, although the Editor can waive this time limit based on extenuating circumstances.
Early Online Releases
- October 15, 2014
- Pyranometer thermal offset: measurement and analysis
- October 14, 2014
- A new dew and frost detection sensor based on computer vision