Journal and BAMS Authors
Overview of the Manuscript Publication Process
Prepare your Manuscript
- If submitting to BAMS, submit a proposal first
- Prepare your manuscript according to the AMS Formatting, Components of a Manuscript, Mathematical Formulas, Units, and Time and Date, and References guidelines.
- Select a Periodical and Submission Type.
- Designate a Corresponding Author.
- Adherence to all specified formatting requirements
- Read Author Disclosure and Obligations
- All files uploaded and designated with correct item types
- Cost Estimation and Agreement Worksheet for Journals or BAMS
- Electronic co-author verification
- The Editor-in-Chief assesses each new submission to determine if the manuscript meets AMS standards and if it is within the scope of the journal topic areas.
- The assigned Editor invites potential Reviewers for the manuscript.
- When the assigned Editor has reached a decision, the corresponding author is emailed a decision letter. If the Editor requests a revision, the corresponding author should upload that revised version to the Editorial Manager, editing the existing submission.
- When the corresponding author submits a revision the Production staff complete a check to ensure the revision adheres to all requirements and is ready to go into production if accepted.
- When a manuscript is accepted for publication the author must submit the Publications Charge form for BAMS. Copyright forms are also required at this stage.
- The manuscript will be posted for Early Online Release.
- A copyedit and technical edit of the manuscript will be completed.
- An author proof will be generated.
- Once the author proof has been returned the final edits will be made and the article will be assigned to an issue for publication.