If you're looking for opportunities to engage the policy process, we'd like to help get you on your way.
- Attend the Summer Policy Colloquium
The SPC is our 10 day intensive introduction to the Federal policy process.
- Participate in a Congressional Visits Day
Congressional Visits Days are an opportunity for scientists to meet with congressional staff. The goal is to provide information, build relationships, and develope an improved understanding of the Congressional landscape.
- Congressional Science Fellowship
The AMS Congressional Science Fellowship makes it possible for one scientist to spend a full year in the U.S. Congress working on science policy issues.
- Join the Policy Program's Discussion
Help build a community of practice and improve policy engagement.
- Join an AMS Board or Committee
The American Meteorological Society has an extensive volunteer structure, with many great opportunities to get involved.
- Develop your own strategy for engagement
Whether you're new to the policy process or a seasoned expert, these basics can help you create a powerful approach to the science/policy interface.
- Suggest new opportunities and approaches
Have a great idea for engaging policy makers? We'd like to hear it.